The Government of Canada has laid out a plan to invest more than $120 billion in infrastructure over the next 10 years and Phase 1  is already underway. As Infrastructure Canada plans for Phase 2, it is seeking input from communities, stakeholders, and Canadians through the new website, infraconsults.ca .
The Government of Canada is interested in your thoughts on four important themes:
- Community Infrastructure
- Green Infrastructure
- Public Transit Infrastructure
- Social Infrastructure
Cultural and recreational infrastructure is included under the Social Infrastructure theme. This is a rare opportunity to make sure that our sector can tap into this $120 billion investment.
Here’s how you can act:
- Visit infraconsults.ca .
- Fill in the eWorkbook on social infrastructure  and provide your opinion on cultural infrastructure. It’s a very short survey that takes no more than 2 minutes to complete. Once you are registered, you may also fill the other eWorkbooks.
- Encourage other to participate on social media, using the #INFRAconsults hashtag. You may also send a tweet to @INFC_eng .
- Choose another consultation activity: participate in the discussion forums , watch video submissions  and send your own, read or send written submissions .
- Organize a community-led event .
The Canadian Arts Coalition is preparing a written submission and we will share it with you shortly. If you have any input to provide, please drop us a comment, below. In the meantime, here are a few amazing facts about the benefits of arts venues .
With your support, we can help ensure that the perspective of the cultural sector informs the identification of the funding priorities for Phase 2 and the development of the Government of Canada’s infrastructure plan.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter